Star Team Alliance Index du Forum
Star Team Alliance
Bienvenue !

Star Team Alliance Index du ForumFAQRechercherMembresGroupesProfilS’enregistrerConnexion

Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Star Team Alliance Index du Forum -> INFORMATIONS PUBLIQUES -> Présentation Graphique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Mar - 10:10 (2018)    Sujet du message: Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so Répondre en citant

ส โบ เบ ท Colin Doyle left Turkey hoping he does not have to wait another decade or more to collect his third Republic of Ireland cap.

The 32-year-old Bradford goalkeeper started Friday's 1-0 friendly defeat in Turkey, 10 years and 304 days after making his first senior appearance for Ireland against Ecuador in 2007.

Only Alex Stevenson, who went 14 years between caps from 1932 to 1946, has endured a longer lay-off for the Republic, and Doyle is keeping his fingers crossed that the next call comes a little sooner.

"My wife texted me saying that and I saw the little article. I didn't know that until I saw it. It was funny when I saw it," Doyle said following the match.

"I don't think I'll be waiting another 10 years for my next one because I'll be long retired!

"I'm only 32, so for a keeper, they may say that's young. Look, I need to play. Why I wasn't involved years ago was because I was a number two at Birmingham and not playing games.

"You need to be playing and the last three seasons now, I've been playing regular football in the Football League, so I have got back in the squads, which I wanted to do and luckily enough, I got a cap tonight. ส โบ เบ ท

"It's been a while, it's been over 10 years. You're always proud when you play for your country, but it was bittersweet really because we're disappointed we didn't win the game."

Doyle got the nod in Antalya with No 1 Darren Randolph rested and Keiren Westwood and Rob Elliot both injured.

His single cap was one more than either Ross County's Aaron McCarey or Manchester United's Kieran O'Hara could boast and it was to him that manager Martin O'Neill turned.

Doyle said: "Darren's got the shirt at the moment and he's been fantastic this year - he's definitely been one of the best players in the squad, so there's no reason for him not to play if he's not injured.

"He was rested for this trip to give the others a game, but Westy and Rob were injured, so it was nice to get a game.

"It's a healthy position to be in and hopefully it will continue. Young Kieran [O'Hara] coming through now with the Under-21s, he looks all right as well. He did well over here in training, so it's a healthy spot to be in." ส โบ เบ ท

ICQ AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN GTalk/Jabber Skype
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Dim 25 Mar - 10:10 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Sam 21 Avr - 08:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: Jose Mourinho to start this United star ahead of Alexis Sanc Répondre en citant

sbobet mobile Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is set to reward Marcus Rashford with a starting role for the FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham Hotspur after he impressed in the midweek Premier League win at Bournemouth.

The Englishman was one of the seven changes made by Mourinho on Wednesday night, and the move paid dividends as United clinched a 2-0 victory – just days after the embarrassing 1-0 home defeat to relegation-threatened West Bromwich Albion.

Over the week, Mourinho has highlighted that he would only pick players based on merit for the Cup semi-final, and according to The Sun, Rashford has supposedly got the nod over Sanchez and Alexis Sanchez for a starting spot. sbobet mobile

With Romelu Lukaku due to start, Rashford is likely to slot into the left side of the attack with Lingard on the other flank and the decision is likely to disappoint both Sanchez and Martial – with the latter said to be unsettled at Old Trafford. sbobet mobile

Sanchez arrived at United in January with huge expectations but he has tended to lose possession of the ball on countless occasions which has frustrated the supporters watching. Nevertheless, he can prove an impact player from the bench in a contest which could be decided by the smallest of margins.

chanoudom

MessagePosté le: Mer 2 Mai - 07:17 (2018)    Sujet du message: Ian Wright calls Steven Gerrard's potential move to Rangers Répondre en citant

Ian Wright calls Steven Gerrard's potential move to Rangers 'perfect'

sbo222 Ian Wright says Steven Gerrard's potential managerial move to Rangers is "perfect" for both parties and can only help the Liverpool legend's career. Graeme Murty was sacked on Monday after a 5-0 loss to Old Firm rivals Celtic at the weekend, and current Liverpool U18 coach Gerrard has confirmed that talks between himself and the club were "positive" and will carry on this week. With the former midfielder looking set for a move to Ibrox in the coming days, Wright is fully behind the appointment and believes it would be a good next step for his burgeoning managerial career.
"With Steven being the personality that he is, wherever he goes, he is going to have that focus on him so you might as well go somewhere like Rangers where their aim is to get closer to Celtic," he said on The Debate. "The only problem Steven will have is if he starts losing to the other teams, he can't get his message over or they aren't playing well enough. I don't think that will happen if he surrounds himself with the right people. "If they are going to back him and give him exactly what he wants, it's perfect because it's a magnificent club and they are way behind Celtic, so anything he can do to progress and get them closer is going to be a success for him. sbo222

"The pressure in Scotland is very crystallised and what it will do is get him ready for whatever may come in the future for him. It's almost as if Liverpool are loaning him out. "For him to have the opportunity to have a job of that stature and that size, I think it's perfect." Dennis Wise - who has managerial experience at the likes of Millwall and Leeds - agrees with Wright, and believes his Liverpool connections will be a big benefit.

"He has got an opportunity where he can go to Liverpool and say 'I would like to loan that player and that player' and he will get help from them," he added. "When you're walking into that environment and he needs some help or wants a certain player that they're not using, he's in that position where he can pick the phone up to certain individuals. "If you want your boys to play and have experience, you want them to go out and play in front of the big crowds, go up against men and get knocked over.

"I think he has a really unique situation where he can point to people, knock on the door and pick the phone up. That is the key to it as well, being able to have that personality and stature to turn around and say 'I would like that player'. "He would know those players and get so much help because people want him to do well." sbo222

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 06:43 (2018)    Sujet du message: Colin Doyle hoping next Republic of Ireland cap will come so

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Star Team Alliance Index du Forum -> INFORMATIONS PUBLIQUES -> Présentation Graphique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation